Do I need a permit for a certain type of work/project?

The answer is typically yes, depending on the exact details of the work/project type. Please view the following page for a basic list of permit required items. This list is just a summary and is not necessarily all-inclusive. If there are any question on if a permit is required please contact the Building Inspection Division of the Community Development Department at (262) 679-4145. Permits 


Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit for a driveway, walkway, patios, fence, and/or retaining wall?
2. Do I need a permit for a certain type of work/project?
3. How can I find out what Zoning District a property is located in?
4. Can I run a business from my home?
5. What are the regulations relating to fences?
6. How do I have my wetlands delineated/marked?
7. Does the City have grass height regulations?
8. What kind of approvals does my business need in Muskego?
9. Are there any business incentives or assistance available in Muskego?
10. Can I have chickens, horses, or livestock on my property?
11. How do I file a complaint about a Zoning Code or Building Code violation?