Registering to Vote
Act 182 requires that voters provide a document establishing their proof of residence as part of the voter registration application.
Wisconsin requires you must have resided at your current address for 28 days prior to registering to vote.
Download the Registration Form, read the instructions, complete the form, and mail it to:
City of Muskego
W182 S8200 Racine Avenue
Muskego WI 53150
Applicants must include a copy of their proof of residence with the application. The application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (third Wednesday) before the election.
You may visit MyVote Wisconsin to register online. This is only applicable if you have a valid, current, unexpired Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin State ID Card. The name, date of birth and address on file with the Wisconsin DMV must match your current name and address to complete online registration. Online registration is available up to 20 days prior to an upcoming election.
You may register in person at City Hall in the Clerk’s office daily from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, and until 5:00 pm on the Friday before the election.
Applicants must provide proof of residence at the time of registration.
At the Polling Location on Election Day
Acceptable Proof of Residence
Valid forms of proof of residence must include the voter's name and current address and are any of the following:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver license / ID card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- Any employee ID card with a photograph, but not a business card
- A real estate property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease (does not count as proof of residence if elector submits form by mail)
- A picture ID from a university, college, or technical college coupled with a fee receipt
- A picture ID from a university, college, or technical college coupled with an on-campus housing listing provided by the university, college, or technical college to the municipality that denotes U.S. citizenship
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made
- A bank or credit card statement
- A paycheck
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government
- Residential lease that is effective on date of registration (not valid if registering by mail or through a non-SRD voter registration drive)
If you have any further questions, please contact the clerk's office at (262) 679-5628.