Boat Launch Information & Locations
The City of Muskego has several public boat launches (See New Municipal Code Information):
- Big Muskego Lake launch locations (simple map)(detailed map with municipal codes)
- Lake Denoon launch locations (simple map)(detailed map with municipal codes)
- Little Muskego Lake launch locations (simple map)(detailed map with municipal codes)
Launches located on Little Muskego Lake will be affected by the lake draw down normally done in the beginning of October. Due to these lower lake levels, we ask that you please be careful when loading and unloading your boats.
Launching fees must be paid at all times - during open water, weekends, or weekday / all-year round. Parking Pay station receipts at Idle Isle or receipt envelopes available at launch sites or season pass affixed to windshield to show notice of payment are required. Failure to comply with payment will result in a citation.
Launch fees are required only if you will be using the launch to physically launch your trailered watercraft. If your watercraft is not trailered, and you are carrying the equipment into the water, such as you would do with a kayak or stand-up paddle board, then you do not need to pay a launching fee.
There is a $8.00 daily fee per craft for the launches at Denoon, Boxhorn, Durham, Oak Cout, Hillview and Pleasant View. There are no attendants on duty and portable toilets are provided.
The launch fees at Idle Isle Park are dependent on the size of the watercraft. There are attendants and restrooms at Idle Isle available.
- Boat less than 20-ft length trailered & motorized - $11.00 for both residents and non-residents
- Boat 20-ft but less than 26-ft length trailered & motorized - $12.00 for residents and $18.00 for non-residents
- Boat 26-ft or more in length trailered & motorized - $12.00 for residents and $18.00 for non-residents
For those who will be launching watercraft often; season passes are available. Payment can be made with cash, checks or credit card (in person only). Passes can be purchased in person at Muskego City Hall during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or by completing the season pass portion of a launch envelope found at all public launches except at Idle Isle (due to electronic pay stations there). Place a check/cash in your daily launch envelope and include your home mailing address and a season pass will be mailed to you. during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Season pass fees are:
- City of Muskego residents - $42
- City of Muskego senior citizen 60+ years of age - $32
- Non-resident of any age - $63
- There is no power loading when launching or loading of personal watercraft at the municipal boat ramps.
- No boat shall be moored to any public lake access dock or shoreline without prior approval from the Parks and Conservation Committee. Mooring is defined as tying boat to said dock/shoreline with the engine/motor off.
No notices at this time.