Lake Access & Guidelines
Lake Access Rules
Lake use and lake access use in Muskego is governed by both Chapter 20 and Chapter 26 of the Municipal Code.
As it pertains to Chapter 26 Parks & Recreation Regulations, the following rules must be followed:
All persons within the limits of and/or using a park or recreational facility within the City of Muskego are subject to the following rules and regulations:
- (l) Hours -Parks shall normally be open daily from 5:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., and normally be closed from 10:00 p.m . to 5:00 a.m. except for activities and events sponsored by the Department or authorized by permission of the Director, and except for the purpose of using the boat launch to launch or remove a water craft. Any park or recreational facility may be declared closed to the public by the Director at any time for any interval of time, with temporarily or stated intervals as the Director shall find reasonably necessary. It shall be unlawful to go upon areas or parts of any park or recreational facility of the City when it has been declared to be closed to the public by the Director. (Ord. #986 - 06-17-98)
- (o) Natural Resources - It shall be unlawful to dig, or remove any beach sand, whether submerged or not, or any soil, rock, stones, trees, shrubs, or plants, down-timber or other wood or materials, or make any excavation by tool, equipment blasting or other means.
- (q) Pollution of Waters - It shall be unlawful to throw, discharge or otherwise place or cause to be placed in the waters of any fountain, pond, lake, stream, bay or other body of water in or adjacent to any park or any tributary, stream, storm sewer, or drain flowing into such waters any substance, matter or this, liquid or solid, which will or may result in the pollution of said waters.
(8) Water Areas:
- (a) Swimming and wading are allowed only in those pools and beaches under the jurisdiction of the Department. Any allowed swimming activity shall be subject to any specific rules and regulations which may be issued and enforced by the Director or Department employee.
- (b) No boat or raft of any kind or description shall be used in any designated swimming area except by permit issued by the Director or a part of a Department sponsored activity. (Ord. #1025 - 04-20-2000)
- (c) No boat shall be moored to any public lake access dock or shoreline without prior approval from the Parks and Recreation Board. Mooring is defined as tying boat to said dock/shoreline with the engine/motor off. (Ord. #1173 - 07-22-2004)
Chapter 20 guidelines for Public Waters and Beaches can be found on the Big Muskego, Little Muskego and Lake Denoon lake maps found here and cover items such as: Additional Regulations-Motorboats, Additional Regulations-Water Skiing, Lake Speed Restrictions, Water Ski Jumps, Skin Diving, Uniform Aids to Navigation: Waterway Markers and Additional Regulations.
Little Muskego Lake Access Locations
Click here for the Little Muskego Lake Access Map
Access #1 Intersection of Jewel Crest & Pearl
Access #2 Intersection of Emerald & Jewel Crest
Access #3 Intersection of Diamond & Jewel Crest
Access #4 Intersection of Diamond Drive & Hubka Park
Access #5 Intersection of Jewel Crest and Ruby
Access #7 Hillview Road End
Access #8 Shore Drive
Access #9 Oak Court Road End
Access #10 Lochrest
Access #11 Oak Grove
Access #12 Park Drive
Access #13 Michi Drive
Access #14 Schubring
Access #15 Pleasant View Road End
Access #16 Kingston
Access #17 Intersection of Cook Drive & Lincoln
Access #18 Idle Isle Park
Access #19 Silver Drive